Applications are now open.
The Urban Fusion Academy is radio training programme.
The intern program is running for nine months (April to December).
Each intern will be rotated in the station’s various departments as they learn what goes into the running of a successful radio station. After learning from the station’s staff, guest lecturers and the Urban Fusion Radio Academy Trainers, the interns will be fully-equipped to tackle the broadcast-radio industry as junior professionals.
At the end of the 9-month programme, the interns are awarded a certificate and, over time, many receive employment opportunities within the station.
The Urban Fusion Radio Academy prides itself in training 10 individuals every financial year (from April) about the business of running a radio station.
We want to produce and create the best in Radio, both on and off-air, The aim is to see our youth gaining experience in a media workspace and learn more about radio
The Urban Fusion Radio Academy is a key part of the Urban Fusion Media and its CSI objectives. It’s no lie that SA’s youth are currently facing one of the highest unemployment rates in the world. As a direct response, the Urban Fusion Radio Academy is a shining light that not only gives the youth a chance at being employed but also offers them the necessary skills to enter the working industry with confidence.
The Urban Fusion Radio Academy learning structure and activities are crucial to the fundamental day-to-day running of the academy, business and the interns chosen. The academy is a stepping stone to equip young radio enthusiasts and teaches them about the Urban Fusion Brand, how Urban Fusion Radio Media operates as a business and the commercial radio industry at large. The activities will differ on a day-to-day basis and will vary from in-house lectures from our Urban Fusion Radio Academy Trainers, different department heads, industry specialists and other senior Urban Fusion Media colleagues and should be focused on the theoretical work that comes with being in the radio environment, the practical skill sets that are to be acquired to last in this environment and motivational life stories of some of their industry heroes / legends.
Activities achievable will be as follows:
- Learning about radio as a medium and art form.
- The history of the medium and where it’s going.
- How new media plays a huge role on how we operate as business today.
- The importance of personal branding, irrespective of which department you work in.
- The importance of putting the brand first in everything you do and where you are.
- The day-to-day running of the various departments (each department will have liberty to use academics as, how and when they see fit – reporting to the managers of the departments).
- How the various departments impact the on-air product and vice versa.
- Learning about why independent / exclusive content creation is the future of the medium.
- What role they play in Urban Fusion Media’s marketing plan.
- Breaking down the fundamentals of the Urban Fusion Radio Academy and what they are responsible and need to be accountable for.
- In-depth learning about all of Urban Fusion Radio’s hardware and software that the company uses to conduct business on a daily basis.
- Creating content and assisting the digital and marketing team on and off-location.
- Are you between the ages of 10 – 45?
- Are you a South African citizen?
- Do you love radio in all its forms?
- Do you listen to and love Urban Fusion Radio?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, then you are who we’re looking for!